Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

View Single Post
post #90 of (permalink) Old 19th March 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

Originally Posted by nowuriz View Post
I wonder if anyone can help with my dilemma!!?

My driver's side window has died leaving a gap of about 1-2 inches at the top. Having read about the bracket fix previously I immediately thought it was that, so I purchased a pair of clips and duly set about removing the door panel to gain access. But, once the existing clip was visible, I could see that it was intact and not broken as suspected. I didn't bother carrying on with the repair as seemed a waste of time and hassle. So currently, I have some plastic taped to the gap to keep wind/rain etc out. But I need to do a long motorway run soon so need to get it fixed properly (plus I'll look like a :loser: when I have to get out of my car to pay the toll on the Severn Bridge!).

I've seen these on ebay : hash=item336d39d384#ht_1330wt_1344

and wonder whether that might provide the fix I need? I don't really want to shell out on the expense if this isn't the answer - the only thing that makes me think it might be is the fact that I cannot hear the motor even run slightly when I press the door button.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I did search but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance,

it will be the one touch relay on the motor, held on by a t8 screw, renault dont sell these seperate, but a possible ebay job? they get a lot of water in to the wiring loom and relay, known by renault as a PIA unit. sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting the wiring to the relay gets it going again, but id advise if this works send your window up and disconnect it!
Currently in jiffy1986's garage:
2004 renault megane privilege dci120
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome