Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How do I disable the RRG switch?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd October 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
How do I disable the RRG switch?

Through 3 years of ownership, my Laguna 1.9 dCi has given me virtually trouble at all. No additional money has needed to be spent on it, other than for the sort of maintenance that any car needs (brake pads, tyres, etc.).

However on the way into the office this morning, the dash tripped over from 99,999 miles to the dreaded 100,000 miles.

From reading various posts on this forum, I believe this event triggers the RRG (Renault Revenue Generator) in the ECU . This there any trick you can do to disable this? I'm thinking something like a sequence of button presses on the dashboard, followed by some kind of pagan dance ritual around the car?

What else can I do to prevent the RRG from triggering anything off? I'm thinking things like the turbo blowing up, various electrical gremlins creeping in, the sunroof starting to leak, hesitation when pulling away, etc..

Can I swap the ECU for one in a car that's done fewer miles?
Currently in dkmulvey's garage:
'02 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by dkmulvey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Silverstone alloys Wheels & tyres RAYBAN 5 1903 31st December 2007 08:43 AM
Laguna II phase 2 - specification levels Laguna dkmulvey 2 2996 15th November 2007 08:35 AM
'Squeal' on driver's door when locking Cars & motoring bravedonut 2 1369 2nd April 2007 11:41 AM
'The flying wizards of Satan' Jokes & funny stuff Lagdti 2 1508 7th December 2006 01:09 PM
IE 7 available for download Computer Club hondo 9 1797 19th October 2006 08:03 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome