Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing a Laguna II window regulator

View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2012
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Replacing a Laguna II window regulator

I realise this is now an old post, but I have to say thank you to the contributers as this really helped me.

Just replaced the regulator on the drivers side after the wire had snapped. I bought a new regulator from Eurocarparts for less than 40 (includes promotional 25% offer). I was very pleased I spend a few pounds more on the regulator and didnt try to re wire with an Ebay kit.

I found the job pretty straightforward although it did take more than an hour. Just a couple of points which might be helpful. The glass is held to the regulator by small plastic clips. Easily broken and not inlcuded in the replacement regulator...Perhaps better to slide the clips off rather than twist..! Be careful with these or make sure you have replacements.

It does take some surprising force to break the seals on the door trip. I was using a couple of jemmys with padding on the door paint as these have a wide edge.

Also I was unable to refit the mechanism without removing the glass from the door as I just could not get the bolts located with the glass in place - I spent ages on this following the Renault instructions I found on line to tape the glass up. But I did find it pretty easy to remove the window glass from the door, and refit the glass once the winder bolts are located and the nuts finger tight.

Currently in Scankguy's garage:
Car: 2005 Laguna 1.8 Extreme, 2013 VW Passat Estate, Bike 2004 BMW K1200GT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome