Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace 3 fuel tank & petrol smell / odour

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 25th March 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Espace 3 fuel tank & petrol smell / odour

Fuel pump ring and rubber gasket are maybe all you need. My garage may have had a similar tool as mentioned below.

I have't got picks of the tank removal - tho here is a pic of a similar fuel pump/sensor unit - fits in top of tank once tank is out.

Originally Posted by mord View Post
Regarding the tank strap bolts, if your getting a garage to do the removal, ask them first!
they might not appreciate the captive nuts being covered in wd40, (mine didnt )

you will probably need to order a full set of pretrol tank pipes (they usually come as a complete set in a really big plastic bag, approx 60 and that is all plastic and rubber hoses.) along with a filler unit hose(approx 30.) replacement fuel pump ring and rubber gasket are about 30.

that should be all the parts that are likely to perrish and cause a minor leak of vapour/fluid from the tank.

there is also a special unversal adjustable fuel tank ring tool that renault sell, its about 60, it makes the job so easy that anyone could do it. i broke 2 tank rings trying with a hammer and screwdriver before getting the right tool.
the garage liked the tool so much they bought it off me at cost price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	espace fuel pump.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	15645  
Currently in Spaced's garage:
98 and 00 Espace
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome