Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MOT Failure "Again!!!"

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 27th March 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: MOT Failure "Again!!!"

Originally Posted by mord View Post
the inner track rod arms have ball joints on them that get worn and start to rattle.
they are about 15-20 each, they usually have a copper washer between the inner socket and the rack. they can become loose. they are one of the most common faults with reno's that the dealerships change.

the steering lock has probably got a problem with the lower linkage having slipped down on the steering rack spindle.
loosen the rack retaining bolt and push the lower linkage back into the base of the steering column, it should push up against the plastic bush in the bottom of the rack, once there the lock should work ok then.

they might have only switched the wipers to the first setting (im assuming you have auto rain activated wipers.) ????
you might have to go back and ask them what setting they used ??? if its working ok on all settings.
the track rod ends were changed last year is it normal for them to wear this quickly ?

thanks for the steering lock i can hear the mechanism so i think it still works i'll try that and see

Currently in NewbieFromHell's garage:
2003 Laguna II 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome