Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Towbar Fitting Problems.....

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th March 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Towbar Fitting Problems.....

I'm trying to fit a towbar to my 2002 Scenic and identifying the chassis holes is a problem....
I have found the ones on the side rails but just cant see where the ones are on the rear cross member.... I've searched the threads for similar posts and there are a few but nothing to say where they are.... one of the posts shows the main bar suspended from two lugs by the spare wheel well but these look way to flimsy to be right. The instructions mention captive nuts into the chassis and these are the holes that i cant find....are they behind the bumper? does anyone have any photo's of a fitted towbar or can anyone tell me the exact(ish) location of the rear cross member fixing points... i shouldnt have to drill the crossmember or remove the bumper according to the manual... its the part where the angled bracket attaches to the towbar then to the chassis.

any help gratefully recieved

Currently in gungurdin's garage:
Scenic, Kawasaki zxr 750
  5 Lastest Threads by gungurdin
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic Track Rod End Locking Nut Cars & motoring flying clutchman 3 1931 27th June 2012 02:43 PM
Towbar Fitting Problems..... Bodywork lancs dave 22 9455 27th March 2012 01:55 PM
CD Multichanger 2002 Scenic Electronics gungurdin 2 776 3rd January 2012 08:34 AM
Help For Newbie Engines gungurdin 2 621 28th December 2011 03:01 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome