Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #454 of (permalink) Old 30th March 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

Originally Posted by frazwag View Post
Hi every body just thought i post you these pictures of my 3 door 1 tailgate scenic w reg 1400 which i have owned and drove for two years .On saturday i bought my car home as i had sold it, i gave it a clean and went for a bath then waited for the guy to come and pick it up when he came he paid me the money i counted the money and we went outside to show him his new car looking at it first glance it looked full of condensation which i thought strange. i then showed him the central locking working tried to open the door but it was jammed hope the pictures download.the car had been on fire melting the door panel dash and all the trims surrounding aswell as shattering the windscreen, but the fire had put its self out i asume because it was airtight and had used up all the oxygen needless to say i had give the guy his money back boo-who. i have no for for fact that these window switchs have a problem of burning out because i am in the trade and have a number of case's with people coming in with a burning smell that keeps appearing and dissapearing. this must come in the top ten of worst design faults from renault the switch is concaved and open to the elements as soon as you open the window and doors so it collects water from rain and snow even if its a tiny drop which in turn starts the process deteriation of the the timebomb called a miirror switch and should be called (i.m a fire starter) i have also come across this on meganes. i have also personaly had to put a fire out on door panel on a scenic after it had been steam cleaned ready for valeting. has anybody come across anybody getting some sort of payback from Renault
thanks for listening
Sorry to read that.

Had the mod to the switch been carried out? If not why not? I also own a 2000W Scenic and I received a recall notice a couple of years ago. Why didn't you contact Renault when you knew there was a problem with the switch?
Currently in Charenton's garage:
2000 Renault Scenic 1.6 Alize
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome