Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Changing Fuel Filter- Megane MkII

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th March 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 7 Times in 9 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,257 Posts
Changing Fuel Filter- Megane MkII

Ok so I decided it was about time I sorted my fuel filter out... not 100% sure when it was last done but probably too long ago!!

To access the fuel filter you have to go through the drivers side wheel arch!

The arrow points to the rubber cover on the drain pipe at the bottom of the filter. Used to drain of any excess water that may have come out of the fuel!
Remove the wheel arch liner, easy enough to do! Or you could just pull the liner back but it I find it easier to work without it.
The fuel filer needs to be pushed (I actually needed to give it a knock with a mallet ) upwards to release it from the housing bracket... on the left of the filter.

Then unclip the wiring plug on top of the filter housing (blue arrow). Lift up clip and push backwards.
Then the fuel "in" pipe (red arrow). It has a quick release fitting so you need to push in the sides and pull upwards.
Then the fuel "out" pipe (yellow arrow). The quick release clip is hard to push in so it took a pair of fine noses pliers then push it backwards.

Remove filter from the car... mark the position of the top to the bottom.. (so everything lines up when putting it back in)
Undo screw at the top..

Watch the seal on the screw, I got new seals with my filter but kept this just in case!

The top then lifts off to reveal the filter.. watch the seal round the top (blue arrow), I also got a new one with my filter.

Then pull out filter and replace with new one

Put everything back together and put back in the car. Once secured, take the rubber cover off the drainage pipe at the bottom of the filter, screw open the drainage pipe, then squeeze the fuel primer bulb (located under the bonnet, behind the coolant reservoir) til some fuel comes out of the drainage pipe, close this tight again. Squeeze the bulb a few more times til it becomes hard, then start the car! Hopefully all going well.. job done

Put car back together....
Currently in HeatherJ's garage:
Peugeot 407 SW and a Honda Hornet 900cc
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to HeatherJ For This Useful Post:
bichonman (13th February 2015), colloman (28th January 2014), coup (31st March 2012), donbrenansgoodleg (2nd October 2012), gary77 (3rd March 2013), kevkimbo (27th March 2013), Linari (24th September 2013), lisica (22nd October 2012), matthew. (30th March 2012), pricey1200 (19th October 2012), Scousebil (3rd July 2014), SillyScenic (2nd July 2013), stormbringer (14th January 2013), THELMALAN (16th October 2014), tinytone (12th May 2013), WolverineX (19th April 2014)
  5 Lastest Threads by HeatherJ
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome