Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna - Interiors - Is it safe to put baby seats in the rear of a Laguna - What about the Air Bags ?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I've never seen any concerns about side airbags and child seats. I think the main problem is with the dash airbag on a rear facing seat, although the front facing one we just bought warns that it shouldn't be used in conjunction with a frontal airbag either.

Having put so much effort into safety, I really can't see Renault overlooking this one. The Laguna II was one of the very first cars to have the [glossary=ISOFix]ISOFix[/glossary] seat mountings (it's a shame that they put them in the wrong places and so you have to cut the upholstery to get to them though.) I'm just mightily peeved at the rip-off prices that are being charged for [glossary=ISOFix]ISOFix[/glossary] seats: It basically seems to be a case of taking the price of the non-ISOFix seat and doubling it. Most are the best part of 200 notes, though we've just managed to get our mitts on a 'Jane' forward facing [glossary=ISOFix]ISOFix[/glossary] for 100 quid. But it's not perfect: We were rather disappointed to discover that it doesn't have its own harness, and relies purely on the seatbelt for restraint of the child. That just doesn't seem right on a seat that's supposedly for 9 months up, though I've seen others that are the same.

I just hope they've fixed the [glossary=ISOFix]ISOFix[/glossary] mountings on the new (facelifted) Laguna II, otherwise I'm about to take a Stanley knife to brand new leather upholstery!
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.

Last edited by selwonk; 30th September 2005 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Refresh edit for glossary addition
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome