Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Rear Drum Brakes

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2012 Thread Starter
Banned User
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna Rear Drum Brakes

Good evening People

Well today's activities saw myself take the car out for a drive in and around town, therefore getting to use the brakes on a regular basis as I weaved in and around the streets etc. I stumbled across a box of matches and put them to good use...

As usual the start of the journey, when braking, the car exhibited the rubbing / grinding sound from the rear near side wheel then after approx a 15 or so minute drive when braking the sound from the rear brakes was less noticeable.

I took the drums off and had a play with the cylinders both sides moved about just fine when pushed in all sides returned to their normal positions. Even depressing the service brake pedal they again returned to normal. I got some snaps of the cylinders, and for your pleasure ( or amusement) here they are:

Right Hand (near side) side of car (left to right) Left side of cylinder - Right side of cylinder

Left Hand side of car -(left to right) left side of cylinder - Right side of cylinder

What do you think guys, hand in pocket time and replace the cylinders, whilst I am there do the pads too, or will they hold off until after the MOT considering they have good braking / stopping power.

I eagerly await your good advice, thank you.
Currently in jimbojim's garage:
2000 Laguna Estate 1.8 16v (& a copy of Auto Trader but don't tell the Laguna)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome