Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic III 2011 1.9 DCI parts maintenance cycles?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd April 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Scenic III 2011 1.9 DCI parts maintenance cycles?

Hi all,

I have my Grand Scenic now for just under a year and had to have the rear break disc pads replaced twice already.

Is there a reference place that tells us how long an average break disc and break pad should last?

I want to go back to the dealer and tell them that this is not on and that they need to make a plan because it is becoming very unsafe. The breaks started making a grinding noise a day before and when I took it to the dealer the next day, they said that the break disc had already been damaged too much and needed replacement. This happens BETWEEN service intervals of 15 ooo km and at the service they reported each time that the breaks were still fine.

One technician has told me that the read discs should last at least 60 ooo km and the rear break pads around 25 ooo km?

Ps. Haven't replaced the front pads at all yet!!!

If this carries on I'll have to seriously consider getting rid of the Scenic and getting something (Koleos?) else because it is becoming dangerous to drive, especially down the mountain pass to our home!!!

Currently in theunsRSA's garage:
Renault Scenic III DCI 1.9 2010 model
  5 Lastest Threads by theunsRSA
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic III 2011 1.9 DCI parts maintenance cycles? Cars & motoring theunsRSA 6 1776 2nd April 2012 08:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome