Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to get dry mud of the paintwork?

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 2nd April 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: How to get dry mud of the paintwork?

1. Genuine mud or the orrible big lorry dirt spray
soap and water,normal washing up liquid.
2.Bird dirt , take it off as soon as possible to prevent the lime marring the paintwork.soap n water.
3. The dark brown cow above posted if you really need to but catch it early enough and soap and water will be fine.
4.Fly poop: this isnt imaginary.Its like a moderate tar spot with no thickness(black).Soap and water again or if you leave it too long, same treatment as for tar spots.
5.Tar spots;Your gonna get em .
Whatever method you use to remove them,will take off the polish you have applied.
I have allways used neat petrol, takes tar spots off reasonably rapidly. Thicker /higher viscosity distillates such as diesel/parrafin take longer, but will also take off your polish..
I do a general wash like every 2 weeks in Summer.A total tar spot removal every 2-3 months , cos your gonna have to repolish the car after washing the tar spot cleaned areas.

1 polish coat in late summer usually lasts me the winter, v few tar spots then cos the tar is hard with lower temperatures.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome