Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Leaking Roof

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th April 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane Leaking Roof

Hi, I bought an 08 Megane Cabriolet about a week ago for 7,000, the car is fine until it rained last night, I woke up to find a quater of each side of the back seats were wet, its still raining so I could see water dripping of some clips on the roof... I took it back to the dealer today and they said on these you can expect water to come in, I said the back seat is useless as either side is wet.. so after half a day of rain the back seats are unusable. They said to leave it with them and they will check theres no dirt and put vasalene on the seals... will this fix it because im assuming even if it does it will be a temporary thing as the vasalene is going to wear off and it will just leak again wont it ? . its not old its an 08 so surely this shouldnt be one of the things you have to expect for a cabriolet 3 1/5 years old. Is this just how they are and its something im going to have to put up with ?. This is my first cabriolet and the car drives great other than the now internal swimming pool lol..

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Currently in dionyios's garage:
Renault Megane 1.9 Diesel DCI Cabriolet 2008
  5 Lastest Threads by dionyios
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Evo Spoiler For Megane Cabriolet Bodywork hoochy 1 1249 29th April 2012 02:34 PM
Megane Leaking Roof Bodywork Azurael 6 8415 4th April 2012 12:48 PM
Remove Back Seat (Bottom Part) Megane Cabriolet... Interiors dionyios 3 4355 1st April 2012 11:01 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome