Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 32mpg on dci laguna???

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 8th April 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Re: 32mpg on dci laguna???

UK spec Lag 2 (Don't know about other/newer models) do not have an instantaneous fuel consumption readout, only the average.

I'm not sure why this is the case, but it's specifically noted in the Renault technical documentation that this feature is disabled on UK models, and it doesn't appear to be possible to set an instrument cluster up any other way. If you set it to read the display values in KM with CLIP, it will give the instantaneous output (in l/100KM) in addition to the average, but set it back to miles and it's gone again, there's no separate setting

I think Renault may have had some issues interpreting UK law; at least other cars on the UK market have instantaneous readout... But they did the same with hazard light activation on heavy braking. Mine is turned on

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome