Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New owner of RX4 with misc problems!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th April 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
New owner of RX4 with misc problems!

hi guys

before i start im a newbie on these forums and for some reason it wont let me post in the relevant section anyways, i recently purchased a rx4 P-M 1.9dci green 2003 for 1250 overall condition is good. the problems ive discovered so far are as follows....

1. heater blower at bottom right corner underneath glove box is making a terrible rubbing screeching noise!
2. there seems to be a constant connection to the radio and boot drivers side panel light when the car is locked. so i had to remove the bulb however, the radio is still left on, kind of standby mode with buttons illuminating. is there anyway to diagnose or fix this?
3. where is the multi cd player? maybe my model is the single cd player and not the multi.
4. there seems to be a grinding noise or rubbing noise as from the passenger rear wheel possibly the brake pads or something else. the noise inside the car when driving on motorway seems louder than expected (its not door whistling noise). is this just normal for this motor.
5. the abs light is on the dash along with the service light. ive been told it might be the abs sensor thats knackered, is there anyway to check to see if this is faulty before i go spending money on this part?
6. can someone recommend proper good tyres for my car as i need 2. the front 2 are the synosis mitchellin tyres and the rear 2 are different 1 is nexen and the other is goodyear. is there a more energy efficent tyre all round?

this car was bought yesterday for my wife and as i stay in scotland i travelled to lancaster to buy it as there was noone to be had with the P-M spec at that price. overall the car drives good although a little sluggish compared to the audi a2 tdi my wife was driving previously.

all your help is appreciated on this matter and would be grateful if you could answer with the numbered problems above so i can keep track and get this fixed

also.... is there a renault mechanic in scotland that would be willing to do a homer for the above mentioned and to service my motor. i stay not far from glasgow so can travel if need be!

kind regards

Currently in kakawak's garage:
Renault Scenic RX4 1.9 DCI Privelage Monaco
  5 Lastest Threads by kakawak
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
non starter when turning key! Electronics kakawak 4 493 2nd July 2015 09:37 PM
can i bypass the window switch? Electronics lancs dave 7 667 2nd May 2015 12:18 PM
rx4 seized calliper? Brakes/Hubs kakawak 14 1380 16th April 2015 10:22 PM
rx4 key stuck in ignition Electronics kakawak 5 935 28th March 2015 08:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome