Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Advise needed please peeps

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 9th April 2012
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Re: Advise needed please peeps

Hi there.

I used to own a Vel Satis (hence the username), mine was a 3.0DCi Initiale, and we ran it for 43,000 miles (having bought it with 20,000 miles recorded).

Plus points: spacious, lots of equipment, quite a comfortable mile-muncher.

Minus points: irreparable electronic fault causing the battery to flatten within a day (sometimes less than that), sluggish from stationary, numerous phantom warnings thrown on the central display, a sat-nav that would cease displaying a map (when you really needed it to work), quite thirsty (due to its weight), horrific depreciation (losing 7,500 in 2 years/43,000 miles), lack of availability of service parts (Renault-only), or expertise in knowing how to fix the dammed thing ('a WHAT?' being the usual reply when phoning a garage).

Think twice, and if it still seems like a good idea - think some more until it doesn't.

I've often missed cars that I've sold, but not that sorry Hunk of Junk.

My only regret was the poor so & so who bought it at auction when we traded it in - still they'd at least have paid a price much closer to its true value, than we did.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome