Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Happy Driver

Thread: Happy Driver
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Happy Driver

I met an elderly gentleman today, He is around 65 Years old and recently had a stroke which paralysed his left arm, he told me he used to be an hgv driver and always had his own car.

He was devastated as he could not drive so asked his doctor about disabled cars.

She told him she would have a look and came up with the device in the link below.

Hand Control Systems for disabled drivers, access car controls from the steering wheel, infa red control system,

It consists of a wheel spinner with the attached controls. He told me it cost £2,000. paid for by the social services. He was so happy with it he was showing it to any passers by.

I had a look on the web for invalid drivers and also found out that a disabled person who is getting the higher rate of disability allowance is allowed to drive a car at 16 years old after passing the driving test of course.

I found other sites that fully convert cars for very severe disabilities costs from £20,000 to £50,000.
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.

Last edited by davesss; 3rd October 2006 at 04:22 PM. Reason: add
  5 Lastest Threads by davesss
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Fast Car ! General Chat madnoel10 5 1203 3rd October 2012 04:20 PM
Lag 11 1.9 diesel tubo problem Other makes faram21 7 4232 16th April 2012 11:03 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome