Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Laguna 2 - engine - Diesel emissions failure

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 3rd October 2006
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
When emission failiure first happened to my Lag 1 I'd had the MOT done at Halfords, the reading were right off the clock.

While they were faffing about prognosticating what the problem could be, or could be, maybe the pump, maybe the injectors, I was doing my f nut that a car only 3 years old with no miles on the clock should have failed the MOT

So I drove like to the independent Renault dealer from where I'd had the car from in the first and did my f nut again

Now I'm don't know what they did but while the salesman was plying me with free cups of coffee I could see that the RTE had some kind of tank hanging from the bonnet clip with pipes attached I guess going to the injectors 4 cups of coffee and 15 mins later they did a complete MOT retest including emissions. If I recall rightly the reading was something like 1.4 whatsits. I didn't believe them until they showed willing to do the emissions again with me there present They did, with the same readings.

After convincing me the readings were right the RTE told me I must drive the car way too easy and suggested before the next MOT was due I used some diesel injector cleaner with a tank full of fuel then get on the Mway and beat 7 bells of sh out of the car in second or third gear, it never failed again.

BTW from that dealer gave me free MOTS with this car from then on in, although this didn't cost them too much, they went up the duff 3 years later
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome