Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

View Single Post
post #340 of (permalink) Old 13th April 2012
Ben Detoy
Diamond member
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

I've just done the driver's door. It's quite fiddly to get the trim panel off, but I got there. There are 2 torx head screws under the door bin and one behind a circular cover in the door handle slot. I used a paint scraper to protect the door frame while I levered the trim panel off.

The mirror switch requires the door handle to be removed there are three hidden torx screws.

The windows switch panel will prise out carefully. Its not 2 spring clips either side and one each end so be careful.

The winder cables need to be greased and the pulleys at the top need to be oiled. The pulleys on mine were noisy.

I removed and cleaned the check strap rollers and arm. Grease was causing the sprung rollers to skid so they clacked into the part open detent slot.

I also sprayed derusting fluid into the door bottom. Not WD40 as that evaporates. I used a spray from Chain saw oil thinned with white spirit is also good though it can be messy.

Make sure all holes in the panel are taped over with gaffa tape and sponge in the holes and it can all go back on. Dont forget to reconnect the door lock lever and to replace the door light bulb holder into its housing.
Currently in Ben Detoy's garage:
Espace 2,0T (2005) - BMW R1200GS Adventure (2008) - Suzuki GT750 "Kettle" (1976) - Cannondale Jekyll 1000 (2004)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome