Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to open Bonnet on 1999 Espace

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 14th April 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Re: How to open Bonnet on 1999 Espace

I had the same problem on my espace grand on a 97 model and i manage to get a ten mill spanner betwen the gap at the top of the bonnet to get to the bolts that hold it on to its catches, i also took the nut off the windsreen wiper and put them in the vertical position this helped to get at the bolts, this took about an hour to achieve at one turn at a time lol then i wedged the top of the bonnet with a piece of wood about 2-1/2 inches thick which then enabled me to reach down inside the bonnet with the same 10 mill spanner and you guessed it one turn at a time i managed to undo the bolts to the bottom catches therefore taken the whole bonnet off in one this took me about 2 hours in all including putting the cable back into the mechanism and putting the bonnet back on to its catches and the car. the garage wanted 140 to do this so i was well chuffed to have sussed this myself, the other method i didnt fancy as i couldn't see the catches from underneath because of the radiator pipes on my 2.2 diesel hope this help anyone out
Currently in pompeyrocks's garage:
R Reg Renault Grand Espace 2.2di
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome