Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - advice before buying a clio diesel

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th April 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
advice before buying a clio diesel

i hope i have posted this in the correct place.

i am seriously considering buying a Clio Expression Dci 1.5

it is in very good internal and external condition. there are 134,000 miles on it and it has been serviced and belted.

2 things concern me though and i wonder if there are perhaps people on this forum who have experience of this, or perhaps thoughts on.

there is a puddle of water on the floor on the drivers side. it is also under the drivers seat. the water is very clear and clean so i'm assuming it's not heater matrix related. it also has no odour so i guess it is rain water coming in.
the seller maintains that he previously had a leak in the sunroof and had it repaired and suggested that it may need sorting again.

the second area of concern is black smoke from the exhaust. i'm thinking timing off or turbo , (assuming it has one). it is not at all smokey sitting idling or with light revving. but when i give it high revs there is a bit of black smoke and soot on the ground.
Currently in tismehi's garage:
2001 clio 1.5d
  5 Lastest Threads by tismehi
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
advice before buying a clio diesel Cars & motoring SomersetScott 4 968 16th April 2012 09:48 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome