Join Date: Aug 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Clio 2000 Door/Key
Hi to all,
Using this site I have just 'fixed' my Clio II key fob issue. Local Renault garage stated that both of the keys failed and that I need to buy at least one new key at approx 150 Euros this is after they had completed some engine work.
To resync key with immobiliser:
1. Lock car manually
2. Unlock car manually
3. Insert key into ignition within 30 seconds.
4. Turn ignition and start vehicle.
For central locking:
1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note : the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.
4. Point the 1st key at the receiver and press the button twice, the doors should lock and
5. unlock. Repeat for other remotes as required.
6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.
If the above does not work:
Before proceeding ensure you know your radio code and take care when working with vehicle electrics.
1. Turn car off at ignition
2. Disconnect negative battery lead
3. Turn ignition key to second position (ie ignition on).
4. Reconnect negative battery lead.
5. Press key fob button and check it unlocks and locks the doors
Currently in Chezferris's garage:
Renault Clio Grande 1.2 (2000)