Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Key Fob Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Laguna II Key Fob Problem

Hi all,
I am new to this forums website and could do with a bit of advice. I have a 2000 Laguna II 1.9DCi and have recently dropped the key fob, causing the 'lock button' to malfunction.
Having read up on other threads before posting this, it looks as though something has detatched itself from the sensor causing a 'non clicking' sensation when I press the lock button, with the broken piece rattling around inside the fob.
Now, being the most untechnical guy on the planet, I do not want to start cutting holes in my fob or prising it apart in order to fix it, as other threads have suggested, as it is the only fob I have, however I need to sort this soon as my car cannot be locked!
As usual, my local Renault dealers want 160 for a new fob, plus programming which will take over a week. However, I have noticed that there are a few fobs selling on Ebay at the moment which I am tempted to bid for and yet again, noting a previous thread, some kind bloke left instructions on DIY prgramming.
My question is, before I waste my money on an ebay fob, does this DIY programming method actually work and if it doesent, are there places outside the Renault main dealers circuit who are willing to re-program? I hope someone can help me as I really could do without a 160 hit from the main dealers!

Regards - Chris.
Currently in chrisprior's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by chrisprior
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II Key Fob Problem Electronics chrisprior 3 1261 4th October 2006 01:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome