Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should i buy an 03 - 06 Laguna dci

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 22nd April 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Should i buy an 03 - 06 Laguna dci

I have had my Laguna 1.9dCi 2003 since 2004 off Reanault with 10 000 on the clock. Now much higher about 129 000 miles. Rear bushes, discs all round, front spring failed witha cover at top not showing rust! Clutch recall on spring and plastic bit that linked to cruise control led to clutch sticking. I told Renault about this and got 150 off my next service for my troubles! Intercooler damaged by them costly to replace. Door handles can flake off. Driver's seat has connectors from manufacture that can upset air bag sensor. Rear disc have bearings which is unusual. If it stalls its a pig to steer. Key cards are expensive to phase and replace to car [ max 4 to car I think]. Glow plugs got stuck in and were a pig to remove with WD40 over a year or two! Satnav does not do post codes so a NAMED property cannot be found accurately but a numbered one CAN. However, most people think you have a postcode satnav to lacate them on websites which is annoying! Renault lost my original engine cover on a service! They gave me a dodgy replacement! Right hand side diodes on front window switches do not light anymore and didgy to fix as it connects to all sorts on car! Courtesy lights are pretty crude switches. [an equivalent Skoda has bright blue diodes to find handles in interior rear doors!]. GPS aerial failed and had to be replaced. 17" Alloy wheels need refurbishing or replacing and this could be tricky with valve sensors. Other than this... a good drive but wish I could afford a Passat!?
Currently in Chillman's garage:
VW mechanic who is cool and honest!
The Following User Says Thank You to Chillman For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (22nd April 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome