Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should i buy an 03 - 06 Laguna dci

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 22nd April 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Should i buy an 03 - 06 Laguna dci

Originally Posted by Minney View Post

Very problematic difficult to work on through poor design meaning if you have no mechanical know how will be expensive in labour charges

Can't get some of the parts unless you go dealer which means 's

I've found mine to be hideously unreliable ... This is why there so cheap to buy spent 1000 in 3 months on mine coz it kept going wrong... Off the road now coz wheel bearing just broken up o/s front... My car 2003 96000 miles on clock and renault say front bearings are maintenence free and will last life of the vehicle...? Ha says it all. If I was you head down the German path no better when it comes to quality
I have a great mechanic in Sandhurst who can get parts usually but some are slightly 'non-Renault' to be cheaper but just as good. He is a top mechanic in a certain dealer but not Renault! So I get a full report on problems and I can see where I was wasting thousands witha the main dealer on labour charges and on-going problems. They were good but they cost an awful lot!
Currently in Chillman's garage:
VW mechanic who is cool and honest!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome