Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - LPG conversion

Thread: LPG conversion
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 23rd April 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: LPG conversion

I have a 2.0L 2005 Grand scenic II. Had my converted over a month ago with a Lovato Mini kit. The 65L torado tank sits under the car where the spare wheel used to sit. The filler has been situated next to the petrol filler as there was already a blank from the factory fitted version.

The car starts on petrol and only until you get to the second bar on the temp gauge does the LPG then flick over (you can't tell when it kicks in unless you look at your LPG gauge, so pretty seamless).

The LPG fuel gauges are pretty much useless in regards to giving you an accurate level, so you will need to gauge how much a tank gives you. On mine local journeys gives around 240 miles, motorway anything from 350 to 400. I probably get better economy runiing on LPG and don't get a 20% loss.

In regards to spark plugs, LPG runs hotter so changing them more often might be the case. I have been advised to buy the NGK LPG1 spark plugs but at 15 each they are costly.

Another one to watch out for is the petrol gauge, it does still go down even when running on LPG. The fuel sender and computer only seems to reset after the car has told you to refill and resets on the next start up (or try switching off the engine and restarting before a 12 second interval - must have used less than 4L of fuel). There are emulators and have bought one for 28 but have not fitted it yet (fits in side the car on the grey connector pins 22/23 on the electronic display).

Apart from that I am very pleased with the setup and being able to currently fill up for 72.9 pence a litre it sure beats the shocking petrol prices.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome