Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 "No Fault Logged"

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by OG
Hope it gets sorted today, let us know how you get on!
You may live to regret asking!

Almost predictably, there's no fault logged in the ECU . They've examined it thoroughly, done a road test, and can find nothing wrong with it. With no point of reference, I can't really expect them to do more.

But more annoyingly, I asked them to check the tracking and replace a broken fog light. It turns out that they've replaced the light (as requested) and the NSF alloy wheel (as definitely not requested) because it was apparently buckled. This seems strange, as while the tracking definitely felt off, I wasn't getting the vibration I'd expect from a buckled wheel.

Though fair's fair, if it's buckled it needs replacing. But somehow, going through the lease company and to my employer (for payment authorisation) the story has become more twisted than the wheel, to the point where the car has "obviously been in an accident" and it now looks like I've been trying to slip a crafty accident repair through the net.

I've set the record straight, but am still peeved that the misunderstanding occurred in the first place and that the work went ahead without them so much as telling me about it. According to the dealer, they 'followed procedure' and okayed it with the lease company, who went on to report it to my employer. If they've done it by the book, then that's fair enough, but I'm still damned annoyed that a (to my mind unnecessary) 250 quid repair has been carried out on a car that I'm only keeping for another few weeks.

So there's steam still coming out of my ears.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome