Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New discs and pads change on front - garage trying to fleece the missus?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 24th April 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: New discs and pads change on front - garage trying to fleece the missus?

Originally Posted by wdw1 View Post
My local Renault garage , who I generally trusted has gone out of business so I had my Scenic II serviced at another one miles away. They said discs and pads were near to or below Renault's recommended minimum (but car passed MOT not too long ago) .
They quoted about 470 to do the job!!!!
Is there a 'legal' minimum set for discs and pads?
Like tyres must have minimum of 1.6mm tread?
That is way too expensive. Takes a few hours to do but worth it, or take it to a local garage who will do it for much less if you supply the parts. Get thr parts off eBay or a local motor shop like Halfrauds or Wilco.

There is no minimum for pads but a set should do many thousands (mine will do 80k or so). Discs have no 'legal' minimum but there is a recommended safe minimum by Renault. Depends on model and variant. Google should help there or let me know your model and variant and I can have a look. My 1.5 mk3 clio dci was minimum 19mm. New is 22mm and they were down just 1mm or do after 60k. How many miles has it done?
Currently in andyz0's garage:
Subaru Impreza WRX 05 Blobeye and Renault Clio III 58 1.5 dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome