Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #233 of (permalink) Old 25th April 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

I have just joined this forum and would firstly like to thank all of you owners out there for sharing their problems and possible solutions, these forums are priceless.
Now to business... i recently bought a 2004 Scenic 1.5 dci and found shortly afterwards that the blower was not working as it should but put no importance to this at the time until my friend told me of his problems, he owns a Megane and has had the same problem and his had melted.
I joined this forum straight away and was horrified to read all the posts from you highlighting over and over again the potential danger with regards to this problem, ie the risk of fire, coupled to that was the dis belief i had at the lack of response and support coming from your local dealers, bearing this in mind, i called Renault UK yesterday...08000 72 33 72 and asked one of their customer service managers to explain why they are ignoring this problem, as usual she acted as if this was a very isolated incident and she as much as told me that she did not believe that there was potential for fire and that they monitor all persistent problems and pride themselves on their fine safety record, she convinced me to go along to my dealer and have a diagnostic done on my car to highlight the problem, of course i would have to pay for this, i went along and lo and behold, my dealer advised me that my resistor pack had melted to such and extent that they advised me to have it dis connected as there was real risk of fire, when Renault cus care rang me back, they said that they would investigate this and attempt to give me a good will gesture towards the 460 quoted to repair, just waiting for their reply.
Now i would like to offer to be the spearhead in a campaign to make Renault aware of their short falls in customer care, with my connections in the motor trade and the local courts, i intend to lobby Renault and bring them to the fore with this issue, they must know that this is happening and that the current set up does not meet industry standards and therefor falls way short of fair use policy and the system is not fit for purpose.
I need you all to let me know times dates and locations of dealerships that you have dealt with and either paid to have this work done or could not afford to have this done or if you vehicle has been damaged by fire.
It is not my intention to use names but to highlight to Renault that they are ignoring their customers and potentially putting their lives at risk.
You can email me on

If we push this the right way, then justice will be done.
Currently in homer4266's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.5 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome