Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Rear Drum Brakes

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 25th April 2012 Thread Starter
Banned User
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna Rear Drum Brakes

HI People

After a week or so of tinkering and pre motting the car I am back. (Sorry)

Just had my MOT and the Laguna passed with no notified problems. I do however have just one quick question regarding the 'Roller Brake Test'.

Whilst the brakes passed the test, the tester unfortunately was somewhat rambling on about sh&& so I couldn't get a word in to question the results.

As you know I recently changed the front discs and pads along with both the rear cylinders and shoes, plus applicable full bleed.

The car has no braking issues from what I am aware off but some clarification of what the on the results I have posted below mean would be great . I had saved a link, to read up on later, somewhere that could assist me but as usual in the darkest depths of my web browser bookmarks I just can't find it or that I think I may have deleted it

Never having been handed the brake test results in the past I am in a little need of clarification of what each figures on the test paper represent i.e. what is the weight / force indicator and what can I do to improve the slight imbalance results, if they need anything.
Obviously I would like to gain the best from my brakes so if either more adjustments are needed or more time to 'bed in' I of course will comply.

Thank you in advance.
Currently in jimbojim's garage:
2000 Laguna Estate 1.8 16v (& a copy of Auto Trader but don't tell the Laguna)

Last edited by jimbojim; 25th April 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: .
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome