Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should i buy an 03 - 06 Laguna dci

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 25th April 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Should i buy an 03 - 06 Laguna dci

Originally Posted by AidyMc1 View Post
Thanks Sabbguy. The 9-5 is a lovely looking car but even a 9-3 would suffice. They would be slightly more common in these parts (and slightly more aesthetically pleasing to the better half !) I was looking at the Auto trader and see a few in the 02'-05' age bracket. would the 1.9TiD or the 2.2TiD be better. Anything i should look out for? They are a bit more than what i had intended to shell out but i could possibly stretch it out if found what i wanted. I`d be a Toyota fan & any that me or my dad ever owned haven't gave much if any trouble. Originally i was in the look out for a 2000-02 Avensis but a saloon seems to be hard to get hold of.Never liked the look of the hatchbacks much.Plus they are nearly all greens or other not so attractive colours so hence i broadened my search to other makes.
9-5's are generally better built, the 9-3 hasn't got that much room in the back even in estate form. The 2.2 is an Isuzu unit and very reliable if a little dull, the 1.9 is a GM unit so spares readily available and the 150bhp version is nice and punchy whilst being economical. Common problems on the 9-5 are pixel drop out on the info display, climate control faults (needs a new control arm, cheap but fiddly), and alarm going off randomly (needs new back-up batteries soldering onto the PCB). 9-3's have a habit of breaking front springs and early 03 onwards models had some electrical issues which were sorted by 05 onwards.

Here's a nice one....

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity"
Abraham Lincoln
Currently in saabguy's garage:
2002 Citroen C5 SX 2.2 HDi

Last edited by saabguy; 25th April 2012 at 05:11 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome