Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - AVIC in Laguna

Thread: AVIC in Laguna
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by sbaffi
As for the code search, I stumbled upon a 18-pages long thread on the Carminat TMC and post code search. Basically they discuss about the DVD to upgrade all the Carminat functions.

Hope this can help
Alas - or rather not given the problems people have been having - the new Laguna has an all new Carminat system, co-developed with Nissan apparently.

Plus points are it is very fast, has TMC enabled from day one, plays MP3s, is Bluetooth compatible with my phone and is voice controlled - at least in part.

Negatives so far? No post code entry and you can't change the voice - unless there's a system software disk that Renault haven't passed on.

The controls do take a little getting used to but I expect they'll become second nature.

For the radio/MP3 you have the instrument panel controls and a hands free stalk behind the steering wheel. The Bluetooth phone is controlled from the same stalk and has nice features like call hold, you can also voice control dialling with SpeedTags and voice recognition of spoken numbers that works surprisngly well. Navigation is controlled by the joystick and surrounding buttons (see thread in Mt Mottah for piccies) and many of the functions are also voice contrallable - view mode, memory destinations etc.

All in all pretty cool but no reversing camera or DVD movie player.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome