Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Rear Door Lock Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Renault Clio 2 - Rear Door Lock Problems

hi to everyone on the site,

Today i have been onto renault U.K (25 mins on hold) about the door locks on the rear doors of their Clio's... I really suspect ther is a safety issue with them! When I bought the car ( a 99' T reg 1.9 diesel) in may this year as a little run-a-round for my wife the off-side-rear door would not open, it was simply DEADLOCKED, everything I tried was nil. I decided to remove the door panel... yes with the door closed it is still possible with not too much hassle. I removed the handle and after about an hour of pulling and prodding about with a mechanic's pick I got the lock to release. The lock didn't look bad after examination but it would not work, I called the local renault dealer who could tell me right off the bat, the price of 120 odd plus vat.. no wait till I check the price or a short pause till he looked it up, just wallop with the price... good parts man him I thought, knows his stuff.I asked him if there were any issues with these locks and he replied "not that I know of". I called back later about a fan belt got the same guy... and you guessed it he had to look it up! A common part like a fan belt... who's kiddin' who. Anyway today while on the phone with renault UK they denied any issues with these locks... yet when you go to a breakers yard like I did, every single clio rear door locks are GONE. I eventually got one and fitted it, great... for a while. My son's friend pushed the button down on the rear near side door one day and the same problem occured!$%"&*^ The guy at the breakers yard (a friend of my dad's) tells me he cannot hold onto these things, as soon as a clio comes in the rear door locks are the first things to go! I told renault today they will hear from me again when I have collected some proof that these locks are indeed a safety issue. God-forbid my wife has the kids in the car one day and has an accident whereas they can only exit through the rear doors... THEY CANNOT GET OUT and EVEN FROM THE OUTSIDE YOU CANNOT OPEN THE DOORS!!! This is to me a safety issue, one which renault need to address!! Please any one out there who has had this problem, will you let me know.
I will not go away.
The Following User Says Thank You to cliodiesel For This Useful Post:
  5 Lastest Threads by cliodiesel
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
water/oil mix on rocker cover cap Engines 3 1424 4th December 2005 08:10 PM
Renault Clio 2 - Rear Door Lock Problems Bodywork Timcruise78 40 34471 30th September 2005 04:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome