Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #227 of (permalink) Old 27th April 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

Originally Posted by Cav60 View Post
Same problem as described many times above - and once again in the outside lane at 70 (ish!!) mph)

Immobiliser Light came on, and "limp mode" activated - jees, did I cause a tail-back of traffic on the way home.

Excellent auto diagnostic chappy told me he got various readings from the OBDII plug (including the ubiquitous throttle body , which Renault loving replacing for 100s of ponds!)

However, he checked it further on oscilloscope, and thought they might be false readings - discovered the wiring loom was worn leading to ecu , causing all sorts of errors and the constant switching to limp mode.

He stripped back worn wires, reinsulated and problems have gone!

The codes have been erased, so if I have any further problems, the codes are likely to be genuine, and not a result of the ecu earthing out.

If there's anyone in the north east of England with this problem, let me know and I'll give you this guy's details - very good value for money!!
Hi Cav60
I'm really having problems with my clio, I live in Billingham any chance you could email me the name of the guy who helped you out please. Its driving me nuts lol. email is

regards frank
Currently in fjw53's garage:
2010 Renault Twingo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome