Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Just bought Renault Meganne II 2007 Fuel Gauge and Gearbox problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th April 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Just bought Renault Meganne II 2007 Fuel Gauge and Gearbox problem

Hi, first time poster just looking for some advice. We bought a Reanult Scenic Meganne , 56 plate, 2007 registered in very good condition. It drove fine when I took it for a test. The only issue was that the rear storage compartments in foot wells were damp but googled this and appeared a common problem that could easily be solved (remove plastic guards from rear wheel arches and clear blocked drains I have read??) . So we went ahead with purchase. However two more issues have cropped up. Firstly the fuel gauge is giving wrong readings. When we first bought the car, four bars were displaying. This dropped down to two, then went back up to four. My wife put in 20 litres approximately and it stayed on two bars. I went to fill it up today and put in approx 15 litres and the tank is now full as the pump kept clicking off. The fuel gauge is still at 2 bars. 2nd problem was after we went to get the petrol, we parked at a friends on the pavement with a slight incline going up to their drive so the front wheels were higher than the rear. On leaving, I put the car in reverse, but it drove as if it was in 1st. i.e. it moved forward. We eventually had to take the handbrake off and push it back. Once we moved off I tried reverse again and it worked(!) I have phoned the guy we bought it off and he is coming to have a look. I guess what I would like to know is are these issues in anyway related, do they ring any bells with anyone and roughly how much would it cost to put right? Any advice would be appreciated as the car looks and feels great and the service log looks fine but these issues are a big deal for me. Thanks
Currently in lalexgraham's garage:
Megane Scenic 2007
  5 Lastest Threads by lalexgraham
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Just bought Renault Meganne II 2007 Fuel Gauge... Cars & motoring lalexgraham 0 784 28th April 2012 07:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome