Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - please help !!! prob with alternator and full beam

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question please help !!! prob with alternator and full beam

hi there, ive got a j reg ( 91/92 ) clio and my first prob is the full beam, it doesnt work though when i dont have the lights on it will work if i just want to flash them, hence its the stick not the bulb and ive no idea if this is a big or little job.

sencondly and much more of a prob is my alternator. i left my lights on last week and killed the battery, got it replaced but when i drove it away the battery light came on straight away, took it back to the garage and they tested the alternator charge and it was only on 12 and not charging properly. I was hoping it might last me a couple of weeks so i can bung it in for its mot to see whether its worth doing the work or to scrap it and be very sad

could anyone tell me how bigger job it is to get to the alternator to check wires and if it needs replacing how long it would take, the garage were useless and i cant believe i might of written off my car for being a muppet

thankyou and apoligies for waffling
Currently in amberose's garage:
renault clio 1.4
  5 Lastest Threads by amberose
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
please help !!! prob with alternator and full beam Cars & motoring robster 7 1429 4th October 2006 09:40 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome