Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II handbrake module

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 4th May 2012
Cardinal Sin
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Scenic II handbrake module

I have a similar problem with the handbrake. The dash service light is on and it beeps sometimes and puts up the nagging message. I changed the disks and pads some time ago. Used a brake rewind tool and made up a special tool to jam/stretch the handbrake cable to allow some more cable to be released from the main unit.
All worked well but a while after that the brakes started to bind and the warning light appeared. I think this is due to the cables, the brake calipers are ok. I tried forcing some lubricants up the cables with limited success. I think I am going to have to change the brake controller.

I am in the Edinburgh area and don't trust the main dealers from past experience.

1. Did you get your unit from a main dealer?
2. Who/where was the independent garage that reprogrammed.
3. Do you know if the cables can be replaced or from your look inside the unit can they be disengaged to facilitate lubricating the cables?

MOT due very soon so have to get this fixed. I think the dash warning is now an MOT failure.

Any photos of inside the control unit?

Any help much appreciated……
Currently in Cardinal Sin's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic 1.6 Heap, 2001 Ford Focus 1.4, 1995 Corsa 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome