Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hello and I have a servicing question

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 5th May 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Hello and I have a servicing question

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
I know, but that's not definitive proof of when the car was built, just when the component was.

I realise many manufacturers have moved to 'just-in-time' stock levels and 'lean-production' methods, but their suppliers may still be manufacturing batches months in advance, as they can be supplying parts to many manufacturers/other models.

have a look on youtube for Teamcenter, many big and small companies use it (or similar software applications) to plan, design, produce and manage everything from a simlple single peice to the complete product.

If you have ever placed an order for a part from a dealership and been told there is a 14 day lead time for delivery, its due to the supply chain needing to activate a production order request for a supplier to run a new batch of that product from scratch. This is where this kind of software comes into its own. as it has the ability to send the CNC milling/moulding production instructions to the supplier (which may be changed at a moments notice to another, subject to current order queueing across the available worldwide production chain.)

Overall its a very smart way to manage a multinational business without incurring massive storage costs during a production run or for post production support of the product.
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...

Last edited by mord; 5th May 2012 at 03:17 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome