Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how to change out

View Single Post
post #103 of (permalink) Old 5th May 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how t

I have a Renault Laguna II dci 1.9 2005
I had the problem with near side dip beam not working, changed bulb with the other one, still did not work, so that left the ballast unit, had a look inside lamp (noticed the cover not on properly, mechanic obviously did not put it back on right when changed side light for MOT in the past) and could see white stains on the unit so knew it had water damage.
Was quoted 489.00 by garage, nearly dropped dead on hearing price just to get a light working.
So on e-Bay I went and ordered a used one from breakers (89.00).
Can do it yourself, takes about an hour has long as everything goes right.
I will explain how.
This for near side only, first turn you***8217;re steering fully right then disconnect battery.
Turn the 4 clips on top of your front grill and pull them out, now pull grill away.
Take off near side wheel arch lining, pull out 4 large plastic clips (I broke 2 doing this) and take off bolt, now under neath car you have 1 plastic clip,2 Hex screws and 1 bolt, now take off lining, you may need abit of force.
Now to loosen bumper, you should already now have taken off near side bolt under neath car, now take off other bolt under bumper on the off side, just one.
Back to near side wheel arch, you will see a bolt holding the bumper on the left side of arch, take it off, now you should be able to pull bumper off near side (will need abit of force).
Now the lamp, remove 2 bolts on top of lamp, now pull lamp slightly up and out, no need to disconnect lights, because you can change ballast unit without disconnecting all cables, undo 6 Hex screws on ballast unit and remove from lamp & disconnect cables.
Fitting all back is reverse.
Currently in dunstbob's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna II 1.9dci

Last edited by Devils Laguna; 5th May 2012 at 08:16 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome