Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I can't put fuel in my clio!?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 7th May 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: I can't put fuel in my clio!?

What is the capacity of the clio tank?

Mine is nominaly 60 l. the gauge is in 8 segments
Ive kept the car at never beyond 3 segments empty for awhile now.
Weirdly enough its not to do withchecking economy,its more to do with I want full weight in the tank for ride height appearance .

I have checked brim to brim economy etc.

It works something like this
I hit the garage and top it up, usually to the second time the garage pump cuts out when its full on(pump handle on full).
If I do that and use about 5 l as shown on the trip computer ( a bit over a gallon)then the first segment goes blank.
At about the 10l used according to the trip computer,the second segment goes blank.

On a strict visual indication I have used in and around 15 litres and the tank is 3/4 full but if I went to top it up I wouldnt get more than 10 l in on a garage pump.without trying trickle bursts to cut the froth.
Another 7-8l used and the gauge now shows 5/8 in the tank but ive only used about 18 l max .
another 8l gone and the tank shows 4/8 ie half full but ive only used 25 of 60l.

What I have done is put 4.54 l in a 1 gallon jerry can( the plastic type) then driven home after topping the tank with a pump and seeing how much more would go in.
I got the full 1 gallon in without any overflow and there were no diesel streaks or dropping afterward..
Lets say I used half a litre driving home at most.
I then got another 4 L into the tank without any probs that I could see.

Dont know if thats any use to you or not. Maybe current derv foams like a ..lot ;0

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 7th May 2012 at 07:11 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome