Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #75 of (permalink) Old 8th May 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

Great posts guys....hope I will find the solution to my problems here.

I've got a 52 plate Lag II 1.6 which has misbehaved with the limp-home gremlin more or less from the time I brought it in 2006. Unfortunately as it is in St Lucia we lack Renault dealers or any local experties in fragile french electronics. I've done the usually throttle body & TDC changes as well as removing cleaning and re-seating several sensors including the actuall ECU . These changes appeared to buy me a little more time but then the problem always returned but with incressing frequency. Short of starting up the engine once a month or so, the car has been stationary, unused, unsellable since 2008. I was on the verge of consdering a ECU /key swap but then thought, as the problem is getting progresively worse it might be related to a corroded/damaged ECU loom?
Are there any obvious places to look for this sort of damage. Does the Laguna II have a simillar loom cover/black box to the Clio?

Currently in Gepito's garage:
2001 Nissan Skyline GTt, 2005 Laguna2 1.9 dCi & 2003 Laguna II (when it works)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome