Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Electronics - Starting problem with megane 1.6 elize

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2005
No problem at all. It's a commonly reported fault on the forums which is why I know about it. I'd consider a small, local garage for the job. Some of the guys on here should be able to tell you roughly a) the price for the parts and b) the labour time for the job. I was under the impression it is a simple and quick job. Your dad might as well try and save some pennies!

The other thing that really gets up my nose is people charging for diagnostic checks. 65 to plug the computer in and let it tell the mechanic that there is no problem. It's not good. I got stung for that recently. The MG garage insisted running a diagnostic check even when I knew it was clear because it had been checked by another MG dealer. It's a scandal really!

If the dealer is a Renault dealer, they know full well it's likely to be the TDC sensor that's faulty. Why make you waste your money?

Let us all know how you get on!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
sinilo (10th September 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome