Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna locks emergency - HELP!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th May 2012 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna locks emergency - HELP!!!

Hi All,

Just wanted to bounce some ideas before I smash the passenger window and then have to change all the locks and get a key card repair ...

So, light on the card comes on, and I tried a new battery but its not unlocking the car. Don't have a spare key at the moment - long story - and usually this wouldn't be a problem right?

Ever since we first got the car and asked the dealership to replace the key cover as it had fallen off, the DRIVER side has had the slot in it, facing upwards - the wrong way.

The passenger side - where the emergency lock should be - was fully covered.

Underneath the drivers side there is actually a lock but it does nothing just turns a quarter turn each way. I remember seeing it when I changed the solenoid and thinking it was clearly a dummy.

But the time I need to use the passenger lock the cover cannot be removed. I began to suspect it has the full insert rather than a cover - in which case there is no lock connected there at all! Btw I've smashed / chisled it off to a point but can't get it off completely because its floating in the drivers door where it should be fixed. Bye bye paintwork

WTF would someone do that??!!!

[Photos to follow]

1) there is currently no emergency lock
2) there is no working keycard
3) only option is to smash passenger window and try card in slot. However, having done so I won't be able to lock the car

I'll post this now in the hope someone replies but what a stupid situation and all because of those poxy hidden locks - what was the point I ask you!!!

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)

Last edited by bpowell555; 9th May 2012 at 08:24 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by bpowell555
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Car - heal thyself! General Chat bpowell555 5 1136 28th October 2012 08:58 PM
Laguna folding mirror switch Electronics bpowell555 0 1628 21st October 2012 09:48 PM
Heater full hot or cold General Chat bpowell555 2 899 12th August 2012 11:52 AM
Stonking eurocarparts oil deal- ends today General Chat bpowell555 0 843 5th June 2012 09:34 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome