Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Speed Camera's On M6,m60,m62

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Had to

As for doing 44 in a 40mph specs zone having calculated deficiencies in speed/cruise control/GPS speed check...... well what if someone has "calculated" different to you and they want to go faster than you.... would you move over???
I wouldn't be sitting unnecessarily in the outside lane in the first place, but I absolutely would move over if I wasn't overtaking traffic in the next lane and somebody wanted to get past. I still have a grasp of what they used to call 'lane discipline' and realise that it still applies, even in roadworks.

Anyhoo.... like 4mph is going to make that much difference to how quickly you get home. I get your point, and I would move over for any muppet up a exhaust pipe, but then again if the signs say STAY IN LANE then I dont blame anyone for staying in lane and stick to their 40mph.
If there's a "stay in lane" sign, then fair enough. Beyond that, the speed I want to do is between me and the authorities. If I want to push my luck to an indicated 50 (which I only did over Thelwall for reasons I'll go into if you've got a month to spare) then it's not up to the person in front to play 'pace car' and block me. Two wrongs don't make a right. Like the old public information film used to say: "The outside lane is for overtaking only."
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome