Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Window problem in my 52 reg Clio. Could it be the ECU?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks Horatio, it's good to know that it could - in theory at least - be related to the ECU , via the UCH . Though I guess I'm still a bit scared of paying all that money without a second opinion. The dealer says they've tried all the wires and switches but how can you tell that they've not missed something.

The trouble is that they now want a 99 "investigation charge" so I don't have the option to just take it for a second opinion without a battle on my hands! I really object to paying this as I wasn't told it would cost anything (I assumed that they would look at the car then give me a quote for any work that they thought needed doing). If it was 20 I wouldn't mind but their hourly rate is 99 .

Thanks for your help though - if anybody else has any views on whether the ECU is involved I'd be really grateful to hear them so I can make my decision whether to go ahead and get the car fixed, or fight a battle to get my car back and not pay the ridiculous investigation charge.

Currently in jamesw4's garage:
52 Renault Clio 1.2 16V Extreme
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome