Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - abs units can we swap with other units

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2012
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: abs units can we swap with other units

Hi kpeanut,

From my own experience and that of other members of the forum it does seem to be the ABS ECU that is the cause of the problems.
I got a 2nd hand ABS pump and fitted the lot to cure my problem, this meant disconnecting all of the brake pipes etc, other members of the forum have successfully just changed the ABS ECU to cure their problems, none of the fixes I'm referring to have required the ECU to be "electronically introduced"...they worked fine.

If I were in your shoes (maybe your husbands would fit better ) I would go down the 2nd hand ECU route and give it a go...even if that didn't work I would fid an alternative to paying out 525 one way or another

There is more info in the thread below...the fun starts on page 2.

Laguna II - ABS not working but no warning lights ?

Good luck & please report back on the outcome.

Please take the time to enter your vehicle details in the "What's current in your garage?" box.

To do this:
Hover over the "TOOLS" tab at the top of the page
> then in the dropdown click on "User Dashboard"
> click on "Edit Your Details" at the top Left hand side.
> scroll down to the "What's current in your garage?" box and enter your vehicle details.
> Once the details are entered scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"

> Done.
Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
The Following User Says Thank You to TTT For This Useful Post:
kpeanut (16th May 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome