Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Mk1 Clio 1.4 rt

Thread: Mk1 Clio 1.4 rt
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Mk1 Clio 1.4 rt

Hi all, got rid of my megane, it was hard as it was such a lovely car to drive, when it didn't want its problems!

However due to moving out i downgraded to a cheap run around for a few months so i picked up a r reg clio 1.4rt. It had a couple of problems, electric windows (which i fixed with 2 switches from a mk2 clio that were 2 from the scrappy!) and the remote locking not working unless I'm pointing at it from about 2 inches away! Ive ordered a new ir receiver so I'm hoping that does the trick!

Anyway my main question is, how nippy are these rt's supposed to be? I thought they were meant to be pretty quick (just like a little bit of power to back me up!). Don't get me wrong the car itself drives fine, theres no leaks, rattles or hesitation and although I've come down from a 1.6 the car just doesn't seem that quick. 0-30 is fine but getting to carriageway speeds takes a age!

The car itself has done 130,000 so i respect thats a lot, is it just a worn out engine? or i don't really know when it was last serviced, it seems to have had bits and pieces done here and there how ever I've changed the air filter and i plan on changing the oil and filter and getting a new set of spark plugs. Could any of this restore a little bit of power, is there anything else i could do or is this just the car as it is with me being paranoid?

cheers guys
Currently in jamez87's garage:
Renault Megane coupe 1.6e
  5 Lastest Threads by jamez87
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
renault megane II 1.9 dci severe jerking on... Engines jamez87 3 2335 22nd October 2013 03:54 PM
Mk1 Clio 1.4 rt Cars & motoring Tude 5976 11 4152 15th May 2012 09:28 PM
Maybe a HG problem? Heating & cooling Craigstar 4 1121 29th January 2012 08:42 PM
Megane disco lights are back!!!! Electronics jamez87 5 1603 26th January 2012 04:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome