Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - abs units can we swap with other units

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 16th May 2012
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: abs units can we swap with other units

I was lucky and was able to get a 2nd hand ABS pump that had the same numbers as the old broken one, I can't recall if the numbers on the ECU part of the pump were the same, I'm not sure I even checked.

I changed the whole pump, but as you will of read in the thread I linked to in my earlier post other member just changed the ECU part of the pump to fix their problem, with hindsight I could have probably done the same and saved a lot of mess with the brake fluid.
The pump is in 3 parts, the ECU , the motor and the valve block, from what I've read the motor & the valve block seem pretty robust, I believe the problem is almost always the ECU .

I think I would search to try to find a pump with the same numbers if you can.
The pumps I have seen all look the same so I'm not sure why they have different part numbers, maybe it's a different ECU on it if the car has traction control, I'm really not sure.

If the 2nd hand dealer is confident that it will work would he be willing to take it back if it didn't or is that not an option due to distance?

Please take the time to enter your vehicle details in the "What's current in your garage?" box.

To do this:
Hover over the "TOOLS" tab at the top of the page
> then in the dropdown click on "User Dashboard"
> click on "Edit Your Details" at the top Left hand side.
> scroll down to the "What's current in your garage?" box and enter your vehicle details.
> Once the details are entered scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"

> Done.
Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome