Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Mk1 Clio 1.4 rt

Thread: Mk1 Clio 1.4 rt
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 17th May 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Mk1 Clio 1.4 rt

Thanks for the reply, i suppose the energy engine was bait of a give away really haha. Anyway it will get a good service, it will always be the first thing on my list when i get a car, regardless of its history, i like to have a good starting point and know whats what with the car and keep on top of it!

I mean the car drives fine it has no faults so to be fair it is probably just me expecting to get something out of the car that was never there, i just assumed it was a nippy car and having come from the 1.6 megane sport i was slightly disappointed, however it is JUST a run around for a few months so will do fine, I won't go looking too much into it cause i will most likely be looking for something i won't find lol!

As you said, i have already put some redex through it but the mpg seem fine to me, the last car liked to drink so I'm saving a bit of money at the moment so I'm happy and all fluids seem stable with no bad pipes or leaks anywhere.

To be fair the car is in good condition, for its age the body is brilliant and it had been kept spotless inside so i think it had been looked after fairly well.

I think you answered the question in one really, it was never built to be fast so that settles it for me, as long as it drives good then i can't complain, it definitely doesn't feel like its at 130,000 anyway, well maybe the electrics were but hey its a renault and i fixed all those issues now anyway!

Just a quickie though....i was thinking of changing the air filter to a cone filter, I'm not looking to find bhp that doesn't exist but I've heard it will make for better throttle response and may improve on its standard this true?
Currently in jamez87's garage:
Renault Megane coupe 1.6e
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome