Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should i buy an 03 - 06 Laguna dci

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 21st May 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Should i buy an 03 - 06 Laguna dci

My dad currently has a 9-5 2.2 TID Estate on an 05 plate and has had several problems with it, it eats front tyres, the engine management light keeps coming on and sending the car into limp home mode. A hose has blown twice on long journeys and the headlights occasionally cut out and stop working when driving in the middle of the night. Before this he had 2 Laguna 2s both petrols and both were probably more reliable especially the 05 plate facelift model, although after reading all the reviews and posts by other owners I'm not sure I'd recommend one. Did Renault generally sort most of the problems out with the 2005 facelift? as our facelift one seemed better put together than the 2001 pre facelift one and you don't seem to read as many horror stories about them. Only asking as I'll be in the market for a car this size myself in a year or so when I can afford the insurance and the Laguna seems the best value, safest, best looking and most well-equipped of the cars this size and if it wasn't for the reliability issues it would definitely be at the top of my list. In terms of other cars to recommend to the thread starter you can't go wrong with VW group cars, we had problems with an Audi but that was a late 80s one and I've had a Seat Arosa for the past 4 years since I was 17 and have had no problems whatsoever and its taken a fair bit of abuse. VW usually have a premium when it comes to price but Skodas and Seats offer pretty much the same quality and reliability and are much better value
Currently in jd66's garage:
2002 Seat Arosa 1.0s

Last edited by jd66; 21st May 2012 at 05:34 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
The Following User Says Thank You to jd66 For This Useful Post:
AidyMc1 (28th May 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome